We are in the Amsterdam airport (yup thats us in the picture) and at about the halfway point of travel to Kenya. It is 2am Indy time but 8am local time. So far, an uneventful trip (which is good in my mind). The flight was long but smooth. We actually made up an hour in the air (yeah tail wind). We slept a few hours on the plane (yeah Nyquil) but feel quite sleepy/groggy right now (boo Nyquil) We enjoyed a nice dinner at the Boston airport (thanks to the LaGrange family) and have a 3 hour layover before getting on to Nairobi where we will arrive local time 8:35pm. Our gate is located near one of those escalator type walkways so every minute or so a lovely (read- annoying) woman’s voice reminds us to “mind your step”. After three hours of “minding my step” I may be crazy. Oh well. So far in the Amsterdam airport I have had a $4 cup of tea (and I thought Starbucks was the only place that could get away with such markups!) and Aaron found a giant lollipop he wanted to eat.
The girls got off well and are sure to have a fabulous time. You can see how excited they are in this picture! Saying goodbye wasn’t as bad as I had thought it would be. It sure helps to see them so excited about being with their grandparents and know how much fun they will have on their Disney Cruise.
Well, I am off for now. Sorry this first post is so boring but lack of sleep is making my brain quite non-functional.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Friday Jan 16: Halfway Point of travel!
Aaron with his giant lollipop!
(A NOTE: Shelli doesn't have access to her blog in Africa, so she is emailing me (Emily) all of her posts and pictures and I'm attempting to put everything on her blog. The internet is so slow there that it often takes 20 minutes to send an email and even then sometimes everything doesn't come through and/or it's all scrambled up. So bear with me as I try to unscramble everything and put it in the best order I can figure out! The picture of them at the airport that Shelli refers to in the first paragraph, didn't come through. If I get it at some point I'll add it to this post.)
Posted by shelli at 9:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Please tell me that you let Aaron get this!
Post a Comment