Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Introducing our son... Sitota Elliott!

After more than a year and a half of waiting we are elated (not even sure that word can capture the tremendous amount of joy and relief we are feeling) to announce our new son Sitota Elliott. Our adoption agency contacted us today to let us know that we have been officially awarded custody of Sitota! We now have to wait on his birth certificate to be issued in our names (which takes from 1-4 weeks) and then we will receive travel plans about 2-3 weeks after that. Which means... we will be travelling to Ethiopia to pick up Sitota in about 4-6 weeks! Since we passed through court today I can also post pictures now!



He is such a smiley little guy!
Isn't he so cute?!
This is him drinking out of a cup (they don't use bottles)... apparently he loves to eat and eats anything they give him! That could explain the 5lb weight gain in the last 2 months!

We can't wait to hold this little guy and hug him like crazy!

6 comments:

Emily Patterson-Jackson said...

Wow! I can't believe you guys found out so soon! The way you were talking I thought it would be a couple of days or so before you heard how the court went! You must be so relieved!

eness said...

He is sooo beautiful!! I can't wait for you guys to go get him! And Aaron, I think he even LOOKS like you!! :)
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! We will be so excited to hear when he is finally home with you...and to hear all about how your family grows and changes together.

Curtis Honeycutt said...

Awesome. Someone for Sid to boss around!

Eastiopians said...

He is SO cute!

Julie said...

He's gorgeous! Have a great trip!