
Well, today has come and gone and we didn't meet our son. I remain hopeful for the rest of the week as two more people were matched with their children today from our agency. After all this waiting, we are so close. It is strange; how fast this last year has gone. I was thinking today about how odd this situation is. When you are pregnant, you have an end date in site. I mean, sure, Isabel was born a good 4 weeks early and surprised the heck out of us, but at least you can narrow it down to a few weeks time frame. In adoption, the only certainty is the uncertainty of it! Today was hard... since we had an idea that the referrals were starting again I literally jumped, and my heart would start beating faster, every time the phone rang. This morning the phone rang and I looked at Aaron and we both were so expectant. Only to answer it and have it be someone from work asking if I could do some flu injections tomorrow... I can only imagine how unhappy I sounded when I figured out who was on the other end of the line. Oh well... I sort of like the excitement of it all, as long as I don't develop an ulcer!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Not today...
Posted by shelli at 6:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Praying, Shelli. :)
I JUST SAW THE PICTURE OF YOUR SON!! CONGRATULATIONS HE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Ok, I know typing in all-caps is considered yelling but I am so excited for you guys!!!!
Post a Comment