
a successful court date!!!! Yes, we heard today that we have a court date set for Sitota's adoption! The big day is December 16th! Please keep this date in your thoughts and prayers. We have been informed that sometimes the adoption does not go thru on the first court date for various reasons (missing paperwork, power outages, judge doesn't show up, etc). We hope and pray we make it through court on the first go round because if not we would be rescheduled and it can be weeks later, which would push us into Christmas (which isn't good). Effectively if we don't make it thru on December 16th it could push our travel time back by a month! Yikes.
Many of you have asked what the process looks like from here so let me outline it for you:
1. On Dec. 16th a judge will hear our case and either grant us custody, ask for more info, or deny (rarely happens) the adoption.
2. Several days later we will hear of the decision and be advised (if we make it thru) to make travel plans for about 4 weeks later (ie travel will be end of January)
3. After the judge signs the papers they are forwarded onto the appropriate party and a birth certificate is issued.
4. A passport is then able to be issued.
5. Child will receive final physical exam and have photos taken for visa.
6. We get to travel over to Ethiopia!
Since this has all become so real I have really gotten the nesting bug! I have started working on Sitota's room and will post pictures soon. Right now it is sort of a disaster but at least it is painted... no more pepto bismal pink!

1 comments:
Hey friends!
I'm praying. I have your names on my board!
I can't wait to meet your son.
Love you!
Post a Comment