Bad news... REALLY bad news. One of my biggest fears of this adoption have been confirmed. Due to some issues with the courts in Ethiopia our adoption has been again delayed (Sam and Em; we may have to start referring to this baby as the alleged baby of '08 as well). Our dossier was accepted mid November (when we officially started "waiting") and our estimated time frame was 5-7 months and we were told when waiting for a boy it would be closer to the 5 months. Well I found out today they are increasing wait time to 8-9 months which will put us into the court closure. As I have said before, Ethiopian courts close sometime mid summer and don't open again until fall so there are no referrals given during this time. All this means that it is HIGHLY unlikely we will get a referral before court closure (barring a near miracle). Now our estimated time of referral is Sept/Oct which means, if we are lucky we will have our baby home by Christmas because the time to travel has also been increased. I am so frustrated, sad, and just plain bummed. I was thinking we would have our little boy home this summer, and now it won't most likely be until the winter. I need to go now and eat some chocolate.... a lot of it.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment