Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And the wait goes on, and on, and on....

First, I want to say thank you to all of you who are keeping up with our adoption. We appreciate your support and prayers. I can't wait to introduce you all to our son when we finally get to bring him home. The courts in Ethiopia are getting ready to close down for the next 2 months which means no cases will be heard. We are still waiting for a referral and heard this news from a specialist today "we are anticipating more referrals in the next month sometime. The earliest could maybe be the very end of July but probably more realistic is sometime mid-August"


So.... it may be awhile yet. We were so hopeful because we were around 4th on the unofficial list for an infant boy and the agency was averaging 6-8 referrals a week. That was in June, and not a single referral has been given out in over 5 weeks! Yikes. Oh well, all in due time. It will happen when it happens, and I keep in mind that our joy is another family's misery and everything gets put back into perspective. I just hope and pray he is loved and healthy wherever he may be at the moment.

1 comments:

eness said...

still praying with you... :)