Ok, I know this is supposed to be a blog dedicated to our adoption, but I can never pass up sharing about other international justice issues as well. I have just started investing in a great organization called KIVA. Go to KIVA.ORG and check them out! Kiva is a non profit organization that gives micro loans (small amounts) to people in developing countries for business development. For as little as $25, you can help someone across the world start up their own business and empower them to lift themselves out of poverty. This is a loan, you get repaid! The payback rate is over 97% and really, are you using that $25 dollars for anything useful anyway? Instead of earning a measly interest in your bank account, loan it to someone whose whole life it will change. Here is one group I have supported from my favorite place to visit in the world: Guatemala! There are many other entrepreneurs waiting for loans in multiple countries around the world!
Click below to learn more about a specific person you could loan money to!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Got $25 to lend?
Posted by The Elliott Family at 6:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I've known about micro-lending for a while and I read it about it again recently in one of the thousands of justice books I've read in the past couple of months (just kidding on the "thousands" thing). I have wanted to do this but I had no idea how so - thanks! I'm going to go check it out.
I'm praying for rain...
Post a Comment