Wednesday, December 12, 2007

There will be no hiding from Big Brother now!

Well, we went downtown on Tuesday to the Department of Homeland Security to be fingerprinted. On the way home Aaron made a comment about how we are now in "the system"... guess we will really have to watch ourselves from now on (and I had so many crazy things planned for the new year, oh well)! Overall it was a pretty painless process. The hard part was just getting there. I had to stop by and pick Aaron up on my way downtown from his work but was a bit late in getting there. The road out of the front of our neighborhood has been closed for months and I was so excited to find out it had reopened after I arrived home from my week in Guatemala. Unfortunately they reduced the speed limit down to 20 (it was originally 45mph) apparently due to continuing construction. I found this out after I got pulled over. But... you gotta love the small towns as the officer who pulled me over is good friends with my former next door neighbor (who is the shift manager of the officer) and I got away with a warning (for doing 43 in a 20). Not sure how I do it, but that makes the 11Th time I have been pulled over and only 1 ticket! Anyway, I was a bit late picking Aaron up but all went well and we made it downtown for fingerprinting. It was a quick process. You place your hand on a glass tray connected to a computer and it scans your prints... that is all there is to it! We did have to get "wanded" as I refer to it, but no big deal. Even our little 4 year old was searched with a wand (you never know what kids are hiding these days). Beats my pat down in a Guatemalan prison last week... but that is a whole other story!

0 comments: